Friday, May 6, 2011

Back at it at ARF (39/365)

I was finally able to go back to ARF today to take pictures of the adoptable animals. I've had to miss the last couple of weeks due to work, vacations and other life events. Today was one of those days where I woke up not knowing how I was going to juggle everything I had to do, but somehow the universe aligned and it all worked out, with one little exception: the Sharks were supposed to win!

I promised you a write up of my adventures in babysitting yesterday, so here goes (I only have 11 minutes to write thise, or else it becomes day 40 instead of day 39). I was watching my cousins Annelies (6) and Ava (3) yesterday. I could spend forever with those two girls. Annelies is now in first grade and goes to school, so I spent most of the day with Ava. Ava is funny. For the first half hour you are with her, she has to warm up to you and will not say a single word. She just stares at you with those big brown eyes and gets the feel for what's going on. That's how our morning went until she finally decided she had me figured out. Then she didn't stop talking. She just turned three in February and is now very curious about everything. Her big question right now, "Was you a baby once?" She'll ask you this about every person she knows or tell you "Grandpa was a baby once. Annelies was a baby once." She also tried to inform me that she was a boy when she was a baby and asked me if I was a boy when I was a baby too. "No, Ava," I had to explain. "We've both always been girls." I think she has the belief that all babies are boys because the only baby she knows right now is a boy. And hey, when you're little, you have to figure everything out by deductive reasoning. Very cute and funny to see how kids' minds work.

It was a very fun day filled with Play-Doh, duck feeding, Hannah Montana, Diablo Gymnastics and lots of explaining that yes, everyone was once a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment