Monday, May 23, 2011

Joplin (55/365)


My vision for this project is that it will look like a snapshot of a year in my life when it is finished. That should include the good and the bad. My uncle and cousins live in Joplin, MO. Fortunately, we finally got ahold of them yesterday and found out that they are fine, but the town is a scene out of a disaster movie. The photo is of my family crowded around the kitchen TV watching more coverage today. I was trying to focus on the fact that my loved ones are ok, without forgetting the suffering that still exists there today. It's just another reminder that life can be turned upside-down in an instant and to appreciate what you have.

My uncle is a surgeon at Freeman Hospital, the hospital they are now taking patients too since St John's was hit directly by the tornado. He has one of the most difficult jobs in the world right now, but is truly a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment