Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Magic Baseball (52/365)

One of two things has been going on the last two days. Either I have found myself a magic baseball or I have been slightly distracted, You see, I was out at the A's park both yesterday and today getting interviews for a monster of a project I'm working on called 30 A's in 30 Days. I was doing an interview with Tyson Ross and needed a baseball for him to demonstrate his pitch grips. I look down in my hand and low and behold! A baseball just happens to be there. I don't know how it got there nor how long I had been holding it, but when I needed it, there it was. I get done with my interviews, go up to the press box to watch both the A's and Sharks simultaneously, when I reach into my purse because I'm looking for something to do other than watch my two favorite teams stink it up, and there, once again, is this baseball. It somehow crawled from my hand and into the bottom of my purse. And tonight, when I was scrambling to find something to take a picture of (I missed the perfect opportunity when B and I took a walk around the city as the sun was setting because I left my camera in the trunk of my car...stupid.), I see it, not in my purse, but in a basket on my nightstand, directly next to where I am sitting on my bed. It's possible that I could be distracted by work and other events so I just absentmindedly continue to move this baseball around, but I'm choosing to believe it's a magic baseball, there when I need it most. That's not crazy, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment