Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hi there!


My New Years' resolution was to write down the things that I want to remember in my life. Not the miniscule things like, "Accidentally drank orange juice before brushing teeth," but the small and big moments that make up what I want to remember about my life. (Don't worry. It's not going to turn into a diary and if it does, I promise to punch myself). So here we are, the end of January and I figure it's about time to sidle over to my laptop and crank something out. It's a good thing too, because as I was reading over my Semester at Sea emails (posted below) from what is now two years ago I realized three things. The first being that I had forgotten about a lot of the amazing adventures I went on with my friends on the MV Explorer. That scares me...a lot. The second is that I haven't written anything that has meant much of anything to me in almost two years. I haven't really written much of anything over 140 characters, to be honest. And the third is that I really like to write. I like coming up with quirky thoughts and putting pen to paper (well, finger to keyboard actually but that doesn't sound as romantic). I feel as though I can be the real me in writing. I feel more charming in text. In real life situations, I don't always say what I mean to say, or I think of the most perfectly witty phrase seconds after the window has closed. Therefore, with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apple in hand, I'd like to formally introduce myself to the world of blogs. Hi, I'm Amanda, I just graduated from college and I'm now a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment